The wife of a Godly man
The wife of a Godly man. Godly men are men who possess the fear of God. Confessing Christ and attending church frequently does not make a man godly. His obedience to biblical principles and strength of sacrifice reveals his godliness. In the realm of spirits, like spirits attract and unlike spirit repels i.e. Light has nothing to do with darkness.
In some homes the man is godly while the woman is ungodly, such homes turn into battlefield because the two spirits can never agree “can two walks together except they Agree (Amos 3:3)” And no godly man will desire his home turn into a battlefield. Every godly man knows the value of a wise and industrious wife. So it’s no mistake at all, that such a woman is God’s commendation in his word for his child.”An industrious wife”
WHAT MAKES A WOMAN INDUSTRIOUS
An industrious woman means a woman who is hard-working, dedicated, and also a problem solver (Physical and Spiritual problem solver). A woman with creative ideas that are pleasing to God. This ability can be used negatively like Eve and Jezebel. Who used their industrious ability the negative way and it was at the root of the fall of their men. That is why Godly men do not make choices from the sense realm, after all no one desires to end up with a sad experience.
BIBLICAL EXAMPLE OF A INDUSTRIOUS WOMEN
1. Ms. Proverbs 31
Note Proverbs 31 came as a result of a mother’s sound counsel. (Lemuel’s mother). mothers have the ability to perceive things we may be unable to realize at the moment but this experience is determined by the Spirit indwelling them.
First, the industriousness of the excellent wife, Lemuel’s mother hoped for him is on full display in Proverbs 31: 13-31
1. She works with willing hands (Hardworking) which means she doesn’t wait for anyone to instruct her on what she needs to do, her actions proved the role of providing whatever is needed in the home was not necessarily an exclusive reserve to the man, no! she is willing to work as well.
2. She brings food from afar (Provider) she provides for her home whether or not the man provides, this is a rare virtue in this generation, most women are not so. In fact, in some homes, if the man does not provide they rather stay hungry than the woman making provisions. This woman goes afar to make provisions for her home, she is not in the lazy class of women
3. She is a good time manager. She makes profound use of her time and she is never late for any task ahead. She does not spend all her time doing makeup only but knows when to fit things in for her own good to ensure she meets up to time. She creates a clear schedule of her activities and works on meeting them accurately.
4. She invests (investor businesswoman) she is a businesswoman who does not just eat but make investments because she knows the importance of serving for the future. Most women are very poor investors all they know is now. They squander all they have on clothes and makeups. Growing up I have friends who buy new clothes on a weekly basis. These girls don’t work yet buy new clothes all the time. Where was the money coming by from? Men of course I hope you are not like that? If you are then there’s an urgent need to change that, it’s dangerous living such away.
5. She is spiritually, mentally, and physically fit for her purpose as a wife ( filled with the Holy Spirit) she knows the place of her God. She does not just spend her whole time seeking money but also seeking God to make her a woman of balance in all ramifications. Note that: any woman not filled with the Spirit of God is filled with another spirit.
6. She is Prophetic and her lamp does not go out at night (a consistent praying woman) all women are Prophetic in nature. Our Nurturing ability makes us prophets over our family. This ability is a gift from God yet very few recognize it and use it. That is why when we bless our children they are blessed and when we curse them it remains so.
7. She has built capacity (strong enough) she is not afraid to face the future. So many women are so timid and afraid of everything. She is bold ready at all times to defend and protect her family to the best of her ability.
8. The fact that she seeks after raw materials make it possible for her to be productive. She also develops her skills but doesn’t keep them as other women who have certain skills but still pay others for what they can do.
She uses them to bless her husband’s children and even extends her hands to others. This reminds me of some women who depend on parents for provisions and are comfortable doing it. Sure such people hardly make it after the departure of their providers.
In ( Proverbs 31-20).
9. She is generous to those who are not even her Immediate household no doubt about that because her industrious ability has paved a way of announcing her at the city gates. Even the least amongst those in the city was touched by her generosity. This does not mean her family does not enjoy what the public enjoys from her. In fact, her generosity began from her home.
(Proverbs 31:23) tells us her husband is well respected because she has a good reputation through her industrious act. He is well respected through her wisdom and generosity.
2. HANNAH (1st Samuel 1)
She desperately prayed for a son and promised to give him back to God. Note she noticed a need in the house of God and she was wise enough to see. God had a need even before the judgment on Eli came. She perceived the need for a God’s replacement for the prophet in Isreal. And when God came through she kept her words, her son Samuel was raised in the temple providing his wisdom along the way her faithfulness never failed.
These days very few women have wisdom because very few have devoted themselves and yield to the Holy Spirit he is the only giver of wisdom. Remember Hannah made this promise in the place of prayers to the point the priest thought she was drunk. Of course yes but with the spirit not with wine. So many women these days are self-centered. All their concerns are centered around themselves and their family. A widower came to me and said Cindy, I would like to get married but all that drives him is entirely his own interest and his family’s, he seems to bother less about the two kids he has been trusted with already, which they could become victims of a bad woman as another mother to them.
3. Deborah (Judges 4:4)
The only recorded female judge in the Bible was Deborah, she was known for being a compassionate leader of which there weren’t many in the Bible times. She had confidence in God that out wayed a man’s capacity during their time.
4. Esther (Esther 1-10)
In the book of Esther, Queen Esther used her influence, beauty, prayer power, and wisdom to save her people. These days we have so many beautiful women in the world but very few use it to God’s glory. Instead, you see beautiful young and old women plunging into prostitution and all sorts of immorality just for the love of the world. Queen Esther was also humble to give a series of banquets to the king and that made her outstood Vashti.
From the time God opened my eyes to these mysteries, I noticed what made these women outstanding was their characters. They all played a part in their specular characters well. Imagine what will happen to you if you learn from each of these women? No Godly man will want to miss you when he comes across you.
At the time I knew this some years ago I still had some lapses but I worked on my self and promised my self I will work hard in every area) by the help of God’s Spirit to make my man proud of me and also because of me, he gets known at the city gates.
If I had not found my place you wouldn’t have been reading this. Find your place and do it well to God’s glory. Be encouraged in your skills, gifting, and pursue whatever training is necessary to use these giftings for the good of your family, the church and the world will see light in you. Let us therefore help our selves, other women, and young ladies up coming by developing these characters. Generations are waiting for you to act by taking your stand to work on your self in any area you have lapses to suit that office of a wife to a godly man.
Written by: Cindy Atajan
Email: email@example.comFacebook and Instagram: Cindy Atajan